Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." Isaiah 64:8.
Today was an amazing day. We were able to visit an orphanage here in Phnom Penh and I was reminded of this verse "coincidentally" twice. Once when the children started singing it and second as I was typing my update email. The song that goes along with this verse says. "Change my heart oh God, make it ever true, Change my heart oh God, may I be like you... You are the potter, I am the clay, Mold me and make me, this is what I pray..." Today I realized that that is EXACTLY what God is doing, and today I pray that God would mold me and make me to be more like Him.
The children at the orphanage could have had so much to be sad about or so much to dislike about their lives but instead they had joy and love. God was who made their lives better, He is all they need.
So through a few hours at an orphanage I was stretched, pounded and molded, then God made me into a vessel that can now contain HIS joy and love. And I pray that just like these children overflowed on to me, that I can overflow on to others!

No comments: