Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We Are A BUILDING!!

Romans 14:19 "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification." (NIV)
Last night a group of my friends got together, hung out we talked, prayed and worshipped it was truly a wonderful night! Today I feel so loved and encouraged. The word that came to my mind was edify. Edify means to instruct or improve spiritually but it also has another meaning that seems strange but is connected (at least I will connect it!) It also means to build, as in a house or building. Now I know what your thinking... "Carin your crazy! How is that connected!" but think about it... just as a building needs a firm foundation, the supporting beams, the walls, the nails and screws, etc. so it is in the body of Christ. We are a building for Christ, like a body, each part is necessary. If one beam was out of place the whole building would fall.
The ESV version of Romans 14:19 says, "So then, let us aim for harmony in the church try to build each other up." We need to work together to edify, uplift and encourage eachother.
Thank you too all my friends for working together to build a building for HIM!

No comments: