Monday, January 25, 2010

Sore Muscles... Ugh!

"Do you know that in a race all the runners run but only one gets the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air."
1 Corinthians 10:24-26
Yesterday my roommate's car wouldn't start so we (along with the help of a few others) pushed her SUV out of the garage... I am definitely not in the best shape and am not very strong... so today I am feeling the ill effects of sore muscles and an achy back... That reminded me of this verse. Often in our Christian lives we forget that we need training to keep in "shape"... just like a runner or a boxer would not do well if he/she only trained randomly or spontaneously so it is in our walk with the Lord. The Lord desires that our relationship with Him be an ever-growing, productive, "Trophy" winning, life long relationship. He gives us all the "equipment" we need... his word, prayer, the church... We just need to take advantage of these freely offered tools! Come on... Who will join me! Lets get in shape for the King of Kings!!

No comments: