Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What is Love??

I know this may sound corny and this verse is definitely over used at weddings but Love, true love, is... Patient, Kind, It doesn't boast, It doesn't envy, it isn't proud, It doesn't keep records of wrongs, its not rude, Love never fails, It always protects, hopes, and perserveres. (1 Corinthians 13: 4-7)I think often verses like this one get way overused people forget the real meaning behind it. I mean think about your life for a second, think about your closest relationship be that a significant other, a friend or family member. Think about the times you were rude, or brought up past failures, think about the time you got impatient and said unkind words. I'm not trying to be a downer but I'm sure everyone reading this (if anyone does read this! :) ) had to say "ugh... yup... I've done that!" I mean we are not perfect by any means so there is not one person who can truly do all these things, all the time (except God of course) but we have God to help us! And that is the beauty behind this verse. Not only does it show us how to love others but it also shows us how God loves US (His very imperfect creation!) So remember that the next time you want to say some unkind words or bring up some past mistake, remind yourself of this verse. Love ALWAYS perserveres!

To be honest I have NOT been the best at this lately, God has truly convicted me of it and so to those of you whom I have hurt (you know who you are) I can say from the depths of my heart I'm so sorry.... and from now on, my love to and for you will perservere!

No comments: