Monday, June 21, 2010

Deep Roots

Psalm 1:1-3 "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked... but his delight is in the law of the Lord... He is like a tree planted by streams of water..."
Recently we had an interesting string of storms that blew through North Dakota and Minnesota. We didn't see a lot of it here in Fargo but at my apartment there was some interesting damage. A big oak tree that was nicely placed between the apartment building and the garages quite ironically was completely uprooted and fell. Now, luckily the tree fell North, and not East or West into either of the buildings, but the whole thing got me thinking... there is a song by Justin Rizzo called "Tree" and it says "I want to be unmovable and unshakable so let my roots go down deep, unmovale and unshakable in You..." I mean look how easily the natural winds of this earth tore down a HUGE tree. If figuratively I were that tree that would be like me getting spiritually knocked over because of some minor sin or minor upset in my life. So I need to have deeper roots, that I will be unmovable when the winds and storms try to blow me down. I need to keep those roots firmly planted in HIM! What a great reminder!!

No comments: