Monday, March 14, 2011

Carin' in Cambodia

"And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Soon I will be changing the name of my blog to "Carin' in Cambodia" because God has opened the door for me to go to Cambodia. I will be teaching English to Kindergarten to 2nd grade students that are relatively new to the English language.

It’s hard to believe that in about 3 months I will be on my way to Cambodia. I am super excited as the planning and preparation season sets in. I constantly am learning more about Cambodia, its people and its history. I’m also educating myself more about teaching English in a foreign country.

This will be my first experience overseas so I am also getting excited about living in another country and being completely immersed in a new culture and new environment, surrounded by others speaking a language that I am not familiar with.

I wanted to let you all know of the progress on my fund-raising. I have currently received more than $1,000. I am completely amazed by the faithfulness of my family and friends. THANK YOU so much for your prayerful support. I believe that God will provide all the funds necessary so I am asking all of you to pray for me during this time of preparation and, as the time draws closer, prayer for the trip and my time in Cambodia.

Again, thank you all so much! I am so blessed by each and every one of you!

No comments: